Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lavona Retires!!


2/26/09 This is the first day of the rest of my life!! Happy Retirement and Happy Birthday to ME!! What a present! I had a WONDERFUL day, an Open House reception, friends, gifts, tears, smiles and hugs. So much to be thankful for. A good job (for someone else now) and a good family to go home to. I made a lot of memories these past 11 years, and tomorrow I can officially enter the Senior Center as a guest and not an employee!


Come on in ... you are invited to my Retirement Open House!


The tables were decorated with purple and yellow pansies that I got to take home and plant.


My cake and gift table


Food Table


Punch and Drinks


Good friend Bill Hills and Geno Sposto, a former co-worker


My first boss, Dan Belling, the one who hired me into the Senior Center and we worked together for 8 years before he moved to City Hall.


Walter, our Maintenance Worker, who keeps the Senior Center up and running.


Ken Beight, our lovable co-worker, keeps everyone laughing and smiling.


Jean Socquet, my "second Mom" and neighbor, surprised me by coming. She is admiring the City placque I was given.


Eric, my 5 1/2 year old Grandson was all smiles!


My Granddaughter, Vanessa (3 in May) is more interested in the balloons.


Daughter, Ginger, with Eric and Vanessa. What a fun afternoon!!

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Congratulations to you! You've now done more (by doing nothing) to give someone else a job than the President...

Parker Verdura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Banana said...

Congratulations! What an honor. I wish I could retire! Your grandkids are adorable too. Janna~